Lasagna. Ooey-gooey cheesiness with that perfect tomato pizzazz…in the Instant Pot!
I made this Instant Pot lasagna a few times before finally settling in on this one. I have to admit – I didn’t measure out the spices exactly, but I was very generous in the amounts of oregano and garlic and wine seasoning. The Garlic and Wine seasoning from The Melting Pot seriously made this recipe for me, but get creative – Italian spices and/or garlic seasonings would be delightful I didn’t add any salt or pepper, and my husband, who LOVES salt, didn’t need to add any either. This is the same springform pan that I use to make cheesecake (another reason to have a 7″ springform pan!) I went to take a photo of the lasagna cut, and found this empty plate. My husband loved this one!
I broiled the lasagna for 5 minutes at 500° when it was done to brown the cheese, but this step is definitely optional. And layering noodles in a round pan can be frustrating, but don’t be afraid to get creative and jigsaw it up!
Let us know if you try this recipe, and if you add any additional or different spices! Happy lasagna-ing!
UPDATE: I also found these 6″ square pans – SQUARE pans for lasagna!!! 🙂 I’m planning to use them to make TWO at a time stacked in the pot. We’ve been using the 4″ mini springform pans that I use for my cheesecake to make mini lasagnas as well – I LOVE having multiple uses for all of these pans!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - divided in half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - divided in half - (or an Italian cheese blend - I use BelGioso Asiago, Fontonia, Parmesan, Provolone four cheese blend from Wegman's )
- 1 egg
- Italian spices (I use oregano and Melting Pot's garlic and wine seasoning)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- No-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- Brown 1lb ground beef.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, and spices.
- Line bottom of 7" springform pan with no-boil lasagna noodles. Break into pieces to fit the pan.
- Add layer of tomato sauce - enough to cover the noodles.
- Add layer of half of ground beef.
- Add layer of half of cheese mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, tomato sauce, ground beef, and cheese.
- Top with layer of noodles, and additional tomato sauce.
- Add remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot insert, and add 1.5 cups water.
- Loosely cover pan of lasagna with foil to keep out water.
- Place lasagna pan on top of trivet in insert.
- Lock lid on pot, and set valve to sealing.
- Press manual, 20 minutes (be sure pot is on high pressure).
- After cook finishes, allow to naturally release (NR) pressure - approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove lasagna after pressure releases. Broil on high for a few minutes to brown cheese.
Total time for recipe: Up to pressure - 5 minutes, cook time - 20 minutes, natural release - 11 minutes = 36 minutes.
You could also substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta.