Hi everyone! Danielle here again! ðŸ™‚
Iâ€™m not a big breakfast person, but I LOVE oatmeal - and Instant Pot steel cut oats! I donâ€™t like cooking it on the stove, and Iâ€™m moving away from using the microwave, so the Instant Pot is the next best thing! I purchased Wegmanâ€™s brandÂ OrganicÂ Steel Cut Oats at last night, and looked at the directions. 25-30 minutes on the stove, or 3-4 hours in the slow cooker. To that I said, “No way man,” and set off on an Instant Pot journey. From start to finish, these took me approximately 15 minutes (only 3 minutes of actual cook time), and they taste delightful! I added brown sugar and some dried cranberries - Iâ€™m a sucker for brown sugar and oatmeal! If you prefer the oats a little softer, they can be cooked a bit longer as well, but I find that 3 minutes is satisfactory.
If you eat a lot of oatmeal and would prefer to shop in your pjâ€™s, Amazon has a great deal on Bobâ€™s Red Meal Steel Cut OatsÂ - and they come in a 4 pack! Iâ€™m all about bulk shopping! ðŸ™‚
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- Pour steel cut oats in the steel pot.
- Add 3 cups water.
- Secure the lid, press manual, and set time to 3 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure - approximately 5 minutes.
- When finished, natural release pressure - approximately 5-10 minutes (let it come down on its own - do not quick release).
- Add toppings if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition information using Wegman's Organic Steel Cut Oats